5 Facts You May Not Know About Women and Games.
1. 45% of gamers in the USA are women
As of 2018, adult women (18 years or older) account for 33% of U.S. gamers compared to only 17% for boys under 18.
2. 60% of female mobile gamers play daily.
A recent study found that females are playing mobile games more regularly than men. 60% of female mobile gamers reported playing mobile games daily, compared to only 47% of male mobile gamers.
3. 1/3 of female gamers will pay to play mobile games.
4. 30% of U.S. gamers are women between the ages of 18 and 35.
Regardless of gender, young people play video games more than any other age group, with 30% of U.S. gamers being women between the ages of 18-35 years-old.
5. 66% of female gamers watch YouTube Gaming content to relate to other people.
The idea of watching others play video games may sound unexciting to some, but in the gaming world, gamers watch others for entertainment value, to increase the sense of community and inclusion, as well as to improve their own skills.